Electrical Fire At Home On Merrill Avenue
Fond du Lac firefighters will be out today canvassing a neighborhood that saw a residential fire last night. According to Fire Chief Peter O’Leary the electrical fire happened at 76 E. Merrill Avenue. When firefighters arrived they were informed that an electrical outlet in an upstairs bedroom was on fire. The fire was quickly extinguished, but not before it caused damage to the area. The residents stayed with friends overnight. The blaze appeared to be caused by an overloaded electrical outlet. Firefighters found a smoke alarm upstairs, but the battery was missing. Alliant Energy shut off power and gas to the home until repairs could be made. Police assisted with traffic at the scene. Photo courtesy Fond du Lac Fire Department.
Please remember a few rules before posting comments:
- If you don't want people to see your email address, simply type in the URL of your favorite website or leave the field empty.
- Try to be civil to your fellow readers.
- Stay on topic. We want to hear your opinions and thoughts, but please only comment about the specified topic in article.