FDL Fire Chief Says Its Fortunate No One Was Home During House Explosion
Fond du Lac Fire Chief Peter O’Leary says its fortunate no one was actually living in the home at 352 Twilight Trail in the Eastwind Villas Complex when it exploded nearly two weeks ago. O’Leary says he lives not far from there and like others actually felt the explosion when it occurred. He says when he arrived he could see the garage doors at the home were buckled and there was plywood in a tree. The owners of the home, a retired Beaver Dam couple, were in the process of moving in but had not actually moved in yet. He ended up consoling one of the owners telling her she was fortunate all they lost were material things. He says they believe the explosion was the result of a natural gas explosion and it was triggered in the basement by a water heater or furnace kicking on. A neighbor suffered a minor injury when the explosion knocked something off the wall in her home hitting her.
Please remember a few rules before posting comments:
- If you don't want people to see your email address, simply type in the URL of your favorite website or leave the field empty.
- Try to be civil to your fellow readers.
- Stay on topic. We want to hear your opinions and thoughts, but please only comment about the specified topic in article.