Fire On Scott Street
An unattended pan of grease left on a stove caused severe damage to a lower apartment and its contents in a two-story apartment building at 478 West Scott Street Thursday afternoon. The Fond du Lac Fire Department was dispatched to the fire just before 1:30 p.m. Five people in the apartment got out through a window. They were treated by paramedics and released. Fire Department officials say the fire traveled up into the second floor causing smoke damage to eight apartment units. As a result 25 residents in the North end of the building were temporarily displaced until the affected apartments can be cleaned. Fire Chief Peter O’Leary says, “This fire could have been much worse if not for the quick response of fire crews.” The Red Cross assisted apartment dwellers. Police assisted at the scene and the City’s Building Department posted the building as uninhabitable. Fond du Lac Fire Department photo.
Please remember a few rules before posting comments:
- If you don't want people to see your email address, simply type in the URL of your favorite website or leave the field empty.
- Try to be civil to your fellow readers.
- Stay on topic. We want to hear your opinions and thoughts, but please only comment about the specified topic in article.