Fire Outside FDL Apartments
27-Apr-2013On Fridayat 1:16 p.m. the City of Fond du Lac Fire Department was dispatched to 544 Van Dyne Road for a report of an apartment building on fire. Upon arrival, fire crews found an exterior fire from a two-story apartment building. Fire was contained to exterior, but not before it damaged the siding and building material underlayment. The fire started in the landscape mulch along the building and spread to the exterior siding. Fire crews were able to contain the fire to the area of origin with the help of the quick thinking building maintenance personnel who utilize fire extinguishers to help keep the fire in check. The cause of the fire has been determined to be a discarded cigarette in the landscape mulch.
Please remember a few rules before posting comments:
- If you don't want people to see your email address, simply type in the URL of your favorite website or leave the field empty.
- Try to be civil to your fellow readers.
- Stay on topic. We want to hear your opinions and thoughts, but please only comment about the specified topic in article.