With the holiday season upon us the Fond du Lac County Health Department wants to remind residents that influenza season is also right around the corner. Influenza vaccine is recommended for everyone 6 months and older every year. Each year thousands of people die from influenza and even more require hospitalization. By getting vaccinated you can protect yourself from influenza and may also avoid spreading influenza to others.
Fond du Lac County Health Department is able to offer free flu vaccines to children 6 months thru 18 years of age who meet one of the following:
- Who have no health insurance
- Who are on Medical Assistance (Forward Health card/Badger Care)
- Whose health insurance does not cover selected vaccines
- Who are American Indian and Alaska Native whose only source of health care is provided by an Indian Health Service
For those 19 and older, we are able to bill the following insurance providers for influenza vaccine:
- Medicare Part B / Medicare Advantage Plans
- FABOH Network
- UNITED HEALTHCARE
Influenza vaccine will be available at our regularly scheduled immunization clinics and during regular office hours. Walk-ins are also welcome. The cost for adults and children is $25 for flu mist or injectable. Flu mist is an excellent, needle-free option for healthy people under the age of 50.
Please call the Health Department at 929-3085, or 1-800-547-3640, for more information.
Please remember a few rules before posting comments:
- If you don't want people to see your email address, simply type in the URL of your favorite website or leave the field empty.
- Try to be civil to your fellow readers.
- Stay on topic. We want to hear your opinions and thoughts, but please only comment about the specified topic in article.