Kitchen Fire Displaces FDL Family
Four people were displaced from their home at 74 East Merrill Avenue Wednesday afternoon by a kitchen fire. Fire Chief Peter O’Leary says the fire got up into a void behind the walls and smoke got up into the second floor, but they were able to extinguish it. He says it was unattended cooking on a stove top that started the blaze. He says the family got out safely. He says they had working smoke alarms and a family dog also began barking alerting them to the fire. He says there was heavy damage to the kitchen and smoke and heat damage throughout the home. The Red Cross was called to assist the family and the police department assisted with traffic and scene control. The time of the call was 4:12 p.m. Fond du Lac Fire Department photo.
Please remember a few rules before posting comments:
- If you don't want people to see your email address, simply type in the URL of your favorite website or leave the field empty.
- Try to be civil to your fellow readers.
- Stay on topic. We want to hear your opinions and thoughts, but please only comment about the specified topic in article.