Kitchen Grease Fire In FDL
A Fond du Lac man was injured while trying to put out a kitchen grease fire at 189 E. 2nd Street shortly before 6 p.m. last night. Fire Chief Peter O’Leary says the man was taken to St. Agnes Hospital for treatment on non-life threatening injuries. Residents of the home were outside when firefighters arrived. Firefighters confirmed the fire was out. It was contained to a stove. There was moderate smoke damage. Chief O’Leary says, “We urge all residents to comply with Wisconsin law, which requires smoke alarms in residential buildings.” He says if they encounter a home without working smoke alarms they will install new ones free of charge. Police assisted with traffic management at the scene. Fond du Lac Fire Department photo.
Please remember a few rules before posting comments:
- If you don't want people to see your email address, simply type in the URL of your favorite website or leave the field empty.
- Try to be civil to your fellow readers.
- Stay on topic. We want to hear your opinions and thoughts, but please only comment about the specified topic in article.