107.1 The Bull linkKFIZ News AM 1450 on Facebook
Listen Live to KFIZ.1 FM
920-921-1071
KFIZ Closings and Cancellations in the Fond du Lac, WI area.  Sponsored by Airtech Heating and Cooling
Korneli Wisconsin
Touchstone Living Centers
KFIZ South Valley Weather Updates
KFIZ social network facebook and Twitter feeds

Newsletter Sign-Up






Captcha Image

Wisconsin Farm Report with Pam Jahnke   Wisconsin Eye - Watch Who We Are
Advertise with KFIZ.1 FM
Edward Jones   Jerry Schneider Band Polka Show 9:00 AM - Noon Saturdays on KFIZ

Neighbor Saves Washington County Home From Going Up In Flames

14-Feb-2018

Washington County Sheriff’s officials are crediting a quick-thinking neighbor for saving a Town of Wayne garage and home from going up in flames. After seeing ash falling in his yard late Monday morning the 63-year-old man spotted heavy smoke and fire coming from his neighbor’s garage. He grabbed a fire extinguisher and his wife called 911. After emptying the extinguisher he continued throwing snow on the flames. A deputy arrived and used another extinguisher. They then pulled combustible material away from the side of the garage. The Kohlsville Fire Department arrived and put the fire completely out. Only exterior siding was damaged on the home. The homeowner had placed fireplace ash into a garbage can at four that morning. Before that the ashes had sat in a metal container outside the home for three days.

Comments 0

Please remember a few rules before posting comments:

  • If you don't want people to see your email address, simply type in the URL of your favorite website or leave the field empty.
  • Try to be civil to your fellow readers.
  • Stay on topic. We want to hear your opinions and thoughts, but please only comment about the specified topic in article.

Post a Comment
Required *

- +

 *
 *

Captcha Image
KFIZ Phone: 920-921-1071
All content © 2012 Mountain Dog Media, USA
Web Design and Development by Wyld_Desyns LLC - "Take Your Business to the Next Level!