107.1 The Bull linkKFIZ News AM 1450 on Facebook
Listen Live to KFIZ.1 FM
920-921-1071
KFIZ Closings and Cancellations in the Fond du Lac, WI area.  Sponsored by Airtech Heating and Cooling
Korneli Wisconsin
KFIZ South Valley Weather Updates
KFIZ social network facebook and Twitter feeds

Newsletter Sign-Up






Captcha Image

Wisconsin Farm Report with Pam Jahnke   WRN - Wisconsin Radio Network
Advertise with KFIZ.1 FM
Edward Jones   Jerry Schneider Band Polka Show 9:00 AM - Noon Saturdays on KFIZ

Three Additional Arrests In FDL High School Threat

06-Mar-2018

Update:

Fond du Lac Police Tuesday afternoon announced three additional arrests for a threat at the Fond du Lac High School Monday. Late Monday police announced a 16-year-old Arkansas boy had posted a threat about a possible shooting at the Fond du Lac High School on Snapchat. Police now say the Arkansas boy was playing an online X-Box live game with three students from the Fond du Lac High School when they developed plans to send out the social media threat.  Assistant Police Chief Steve Klein says the boy from Arkansas lived in Fond du Lac at one time. He says, “Investigators were able to connect that 16-year-old from Arkansas was responsible for sending out the original Snapchat. They were also able to determine that this 16-year-old had previous ties to the Fond du Lac area.” Investigators learned from the four suspects that the Snapchat post was “meant to be a joke” they were hoping it would lead to school being cancelled. No evidence was found that they meant to inflict any actual violence at the school. Klein says the threat caused a major disruption at the high school with about three-quarters of students deciding not to attend school Monday. Criminal charges are being considered against the Arkansas teen. The three Fond du Lac juveniles have been referred to Fond du Lac County Juvenile Court Services on charges of Party to the Crime of Making Terrorist Threats.  

---

Fond du Lac Police say in addition to the 16-year-old boy in Arkansas who was identified as the source of Monday’s social media threat at Fond du Lac High School, that three additional juvenile males have been arrested in connection with this incident. The three are all students at Fond du Lac High School. Investigators have determined that all of the individuals involved are familiar with one another and had been playing an online X-Box Live game when they developed the plan to send out the social media threat.  Investigators indicated that the suspects stated that the Snapchat post was “meant as a joke” with the intent of causing school to be canceled. Investigators have not found any evidence that the individuals involved were looking to inflict any actual violence at the school. The three Fond du Lac students have been referred to Fond du Lac County Juvenile Court Services on charges of Party To The Crime of Making Terrorist Threats. 

Comments 0

Please remember a few rules before posting comments:

  • If you don't want people to see your email address, simply type in the URL of your favorite website or leave the field empty.
  • Try to be civil to your fellow readers.
  • Stay on topic. We want to hear your opinions and thoughts, but please only comment about the specified topic in article.

Post a Comment
Required *

- +

 *
 *

Captcha Image
KFIZ Phone: 920-921-1071
All content © 2012 Mountain Dog Media, USA
Web Design and Development by Wyld_Desyns LLC - "Take Your Business to the Next Level!