United Cooperative Awards Scholarships
United Cooperative, based in Beaver Dam with locations throughout Wisconsin, has announced the names of 30, $1,000 United Cooperative scholarship winners. The recipients were publically recognized at United Cooperative’s recent annual meeting in Juneau, Wis., and informational meetings in Reedsburg and Green Bay.
Twelve of the scholarships were awarded to students majoring in an agricultural field and four were designated to students attending a technical school or short-course program. The remaining scholarships were presented to a mixture of majors.
To be eligible, the student or the parent had to be a patron member of United Cooperative; the student must attend an accredited college, university, or technical school; and the student must maintain a GPA of 2.0 or above on a 4.0 scale. Applicants were judged on their leadership skills, scholastic achievement, extra-curricular activities, motivation, and academic and personal goals. All applications were judged by the Wisconsin Federated Youth Foundation.
The 2014 United Cooperative scholarship recipients:
• Amber Pethke, Larsen, daughter of Lydell and Sheryl Pethke
• Breanna Smits, Markesan, daughter of Steve and Heidi Smits
• Brett Ferstl, Beaver Dam, son of Brian and Lana Ferstl
• Danielle Timm, Gillett, daughter of John and Joan Timm
• Eva Arndt, Beaver Dam, daughter of Duane and Janet Arndt
• Ian Wetterau, Germantown, son of Troy and Laurie Wetterau
• Jacqueline Walters, Hebron, Ill., daughter of Phil and Sue Walters
• Jesse Lynch, Reeseville, son of Jeffrey and Linda Lynch
• Jon Heeringa, Fox Lake, son of Edward and Lynn Heeringa
• Justin Nehls, Juneau, son of John and Vonda Nehls
• Kaitlin M. Mader, Mayville, daughter of Timothy Mader and Jodi Davis
• Kyle Jahnke, Markesan, son of Gale and Sharon Jahnke
• Morgan Antonioni, Mayville, daughter of Daniel and Heidi Antonioni
• Patrick Roche, Columbus, son of Kevin and Tracy Roche
• Aaron Frisk, New Lisbon, son of Robert and Koreen Frisk
• Anne Peterson, Kendall, daughter of Brian and Patricia Ellsworth
• Courtney Schmidt, Lone Rock, daughter of Randy and Shelly Schmidt
• Kelsey Skala, Hillsboro, daughter of Thomas and Wendy Skala
• Macy Mislivecek, Hillsboro, daughter of Gary and Susan Mislivecek
• Sally Albers, Prairie du Sac, daughter of Kim Adler and the late Brent Albers
• Stacie Luxton, Hillpoint, daughter of Thomas and Kay Luxton
• Thomas Waterworth, Fall River, son of Kirk and Donna Waterworth
• Tyler Dregney, Reedsburg, son of Joe and Pam Dregney
• Walker Rynes, Norwalk, son of Mike and Andi Rynes
• Brittiny Schroeder, Denmark, daughter of Chad Schroeder and Jessie Chada
• Amanda Page, Ripon, daughter of Jay and Kayleen Page
• Ashley Bergsbaken, Bonduel, daughter of Dennis and Donna Bergsbaken
• Chad Bruss, Markesan, son of David and Susan Bruss
• Jamie Seward, Pine River, daughter of Scott and Dawn Seward
• Morgan Denzer, Pulaski, daughter of Steve and Pam Denzer
United Cooperative recognized 30 United Cooperative scholarship winners during their annual meeting and informational meetings in April. From the meeting in Juneau Front row, left to right: Morgan Antonioni, Mayville; Kaitlin Mader, Mayville; Amber Pethke, Larsen; Breanna Smits, Markesan; Eva Arndt, Beaver Dam; and Jacqueline Walters, Hebron, Ill. Back row, left to right: Justin Nehls, Juneau; Kyle Jahnke, Markesan; Patrick Roche, Columbus; John Heeringa, Fox Lake; Jesse Lynch, Reeseville; Brett Ferstl, Beaver Dam; Danielle Timm, Gillett; Ian Wetterau, Germantown; and United Cooperative President and Chief Executive Officer David Cramer.
Please remember a few rules before posting comments:
- If you don't want people to see your email address, simply type in the URL of your favorite website or leave the field empty.
- Try to be civil to your fellow readers.
- Stay on topic. We want to hear your opinions and thoughts, but please only comment about the specified topic in article.