Sports - Monday, June 16th, 2014
Reds Take Series in Milwaukee
The Brewers lost a series for the first time since mid-May (at Atlanta) as the Reds took care of the Brewers 13-4 on Sunday at Miller Park. Marco Estrada struggled again giving up three home runs to Cincinnati, as the Brewers pitcher has now given up a major league leading 23 home runs on the season. The Brewers got a home run out of Jonathan Lucroy but it was far from enough. Milwaukee sits at 41-29 on the season, good for first in the NL Central with a 3.5 game lead over the St. Louis Cardinals. Next up: Brewers at Diamondbacks, 8:40pm first pitch on KFIZ.
St. Louis 5, Washington 2
Miami 3, Pittsburgh 2 (F/10)
Chicago Cubs 3, Philadelphia 0
Spurs win NBA Finals
San Antonio 104, Miami 87
Spurs win series in 5; Kawhi Leonard named MVP
More Sunday Highlights
* Martin Kaymer (9-under) wins the U.S. Open by 8 shots; 2nd career major title. Steve Stricker (5-over) finished tied for 21st.
* Jimmie Johnson wins the Sprint Cup Series at Michigan, his third win in four races.
Switzerland 2, Ecuador 1
France 3, Honduras 0
Argentina 2, Bosnia-Herzegovina 1
Germany vs. Portugal
Nigeria vs. Iran
United States vs. Ghana - 5pm ESPN
Please remember a few rules before posting comments:
- If you don't want people to see your email address, simply type in the URL of your favorite website or leave the field empty.
- Try to be civil to your fellow readers.
- Stay on topic. We want to hear your opinions and thoughts, but please only comment about the specified topic in article.