8 Animals Perish In FDL County Shed Fire

An electrical malfunction appears to be the cause of an early Tuesday morning shed fire.

The Fond du Lac County Sheriff’s Department was notified Tuesday (2/1/2022) just before 2:25 a.m., by a passerby who noticed a shed on fire on CTH V in the Town of Fond du Lac.

Deputies arrived on the scene to find the shed fully engulfed in flames.

The Town of Fond du Lac Fire Department was able to control the fire from spreading to any other nearby structures.

The property owner told responders that there had been 2 goats and 6 ducks inside the shed, and all of the animals perished in the fire.

The cause of the fire appears to be electrical in nature, as heated water dishes and a heat lamp were being used inside the shed.