News > Local News > Addison House Fire

Addison House Fire

A 60-year-old Town of Addison man suffered smoke inhalation trying to retrieve items from his burning home early Thursday morning. Washington County Sheriff’s officials say the man and his 60-year-old wife made it out of the home in the 6100 block of West Linden Drive, but the man kept reentering the home. He was taken to St. Joseph’s Hospital. The fire started in the basement near a de-humidifier that may have been faulty or subject to recall. Damage estimates were put at $40,000. Six fire departments fought the fire.