Apartment Fire Injure One In FDL
Saturday afternoon at 2:34 p.m. the Fond du Lac Fire Department responded to a report of a fire inside apartment A106 at 826 Security Drive. Upon arrival, firefighters found fire in the kitchen of the apartment while paramedics began treatment of the resident for burn injuries. The apartment complex was evacuated while firefighters worked to ensure that the fire did not spread. The fire was quickly contained to the kitchen. The cause of the fire was determined to be a cooking oil fire that was spilled from a frying pan and spread to the countertop and cabinet. Fire Department paramedics treated and transported the resident to St. Agnes hospital for serious burns to the hand. Damage was confined to one apartment and other residents were able to return to their homes. Assistance was provided by the City of Fond du Lac Police Department and managers for the apartment complex.