Attic Fire Quickly Extinguished in Town Of Waupun

A late Sunday night fire had crews in the county scrambling. The FDL County Sheriff’s Office received a call just before midnight Sunday, from a homeowner saying their ceiling was blistering hot and there was a smell of heat in the kitchen.

Waupun Fire Department crews arrived on the scene at Lori Lane in the Town of Waupun and located a fire that had started in the attic, which they quickly extinguished.

The owners of the residence were home at the time. There was damage to the ceiling along with additional structural damage, but there was no report as of Monday morning as to the extent of the damage.

No one was injured and the fire is not considered suspicious and thought to have started due to some type of electrical malfunction. The fire remains under investigation.

Assisting at the scene were Fire Departments from Alto and Brandon/Fairwater.