Barn Fire North Of Waupun

Fond du Lac County Sheriff’s officials say the County Dispatch Center got a call at 5:08 this morning about a barn fire at the Katherine and Brian Emmer residence at W11835 Hemp Road in the Town of Waupun. The home owner stated they raise bees and last night he was melting old bee hives and forgot to shut the burner off which is believed to have caused the fire.  No animals or persons were injured in the incident and the barn is a complete loss.  Responding to the scene were Waupun, Alto, Oakfield, Ripon, and Brandon-Fairwater Fire Departments along with Life Star Ambulance.