BBQ Grill Starts Deck Fire In FDL

Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue responded to a report of a fire on the second floor deck of a duplex at 225 North Park Avenue shortly after 10 p.m. Wednesday night. Fire Chief Peter O’Leary says it was contained to the outside of the structure. He says the fire appears to have been caused by a barbecue grill which may have tipped over due to high winds. There were no injuries reported. Chief O’Leary says an alert neighbor called 911, which led to the quick extinguishing of the fire. He reminds residents barbecue grills are not permitted on decks and balconies of multi-family dwellings.  Fire crews will be out canvassing the neighborhood today passing out fire safety information to area residents and providing smoke and CO alarm checks to any resident wishing our assistance. Fond du Lac Police assisted with traffic and scene safety. Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue photo.