Building At Second And Main Has History To It
We were recently supplied with a little history about the building some have referred to as the Cool Beans & Bagels building in Fond du Lac. In the 1950s to early 60s it was the Zimmerman Brothers building, which was also known as Fond du Lac Dry Goods Company. Early in the 1960s to mid to late 1970s it was the Fond du Lac Department Store. It sat empty for a while and got the reputation of being a white elephant. Later Lennie Hughes redid the building and added a floor to it. Pictures Steve ‘axle’ Hinkley sent to us shows the building as it looks today and as it looked circa 1956.