Carbon Monoxide Leak In FDL Sends 8 To Hospitals

A forklift appears to be the culprit behind a carbon monoxide leak Monday afternoon. FDL Fire/Rescue was on the scene just before 2:30 p.m. Monday afternoon at Quality Packaging at 851 Sullivan Rd., where it was reported a possible carbon monoxide leak was causing warehouse workers to feel ill. Upon arrival fire crews began to treat several workers who complained of symptoms indicative of carbon monoxide poisoning.  

Alliant Energy was also on the scene and assisted fire crews in detecting elevated carbon monoxide levels in the warehouse. The building was evacuated and ventilated. FDLFR paramedics evaluated several workers, with some refusing medical attention and were not transported.  However, a total of eight patients were transported to hospitals in Fond du Lac and Waupun.