Carbon Monoxide Poisoning More Likely in Winter Months

The Fond du Lac County Health Department is reminding
residents to keep an eye on carbon monoxide levels this winter. Carbon monoxide
poisoning is most common in the winter months due to the increase in the use of
combustion devices – like furnaces and generators – which are used to heat
homes, garages, and sheds. 

The symptoms are described as flu-like, with
headaches, dizziness, shortness of breath, and weakness. 

The Health Department
recommends installing a carbon monoxide detector, checking and replacing the
battery at regular intervals, having qualified technicians run annual
evaluations – and to never run your car inside an attached garage.