News > Local News > Carelessly Discarded Smoking Materials Causes Fire

Carelessly Discarded Smoking Materials Causes Fire

Fond du Lac, WI: On April 3, 2015 at 11:56 a.m. FDLFR responded to a report of smoke in the basement at 18 N. Main Street. Upon arrival FDLFR found a light haze of smoke and began investigation.  Investigation revealed a carelessly discarded cigarette fell along the foundation of the building and caused debris to smolder. There were no injuries reported. Fond du Lac Police assisted with traffic and scene safety.