Construction Work Announced For The Week
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region has announced state highway maintenance work in Northeast Wisconsin and associated traffic impacts for the week.
Maintenance operations are typically preformed in spot locations in the project limits. Traffic impacts do not typically affect the entire highway limits of the maintenance project, or throughout the project’s entire duration. All maintenance operations are weather dependent. Work is listed by county.
Brown County (FULL CLOSURE – June 13 to June 27)
- Maintenance crews will be repairing concrete on County JJ between the southbound I-43 on-ramp from County JJ (Manitowoc Road) and the northbound I-43 off-ramp to County JJ (Manitowoc Road).
- County JJ CLOSED between the ramps (over I-43) from 6 a.m., Monday, June 13 through 6 a.m., Monday, June 27. The interchange ramps will remain open.
Fond du Lac County
- Maintenance crews will be repairing pavement on southbound US 151 between Hazel Lane and Town Road, and northbound US 151 between Dehring Road and Seven Mile Creek, from 6 a.m., Monday, June 27 to 6 p.m., Thursday, June 30.
- Various lane closures will take place on US 151 during pavement repairs.
- Maintenance crews will be repairing pavement on WIS 22 between Military Road and Copper Culture Way, daily, between the hours of 6 a.m. and 4 p.m., Tuesday thru Thursday, June 28-30.
- Flagging operation will take place on WIS 22 during pavement repairs.
- Maintenance crews will be repairing pavement on northbound WIS 57 at County K from 6 a.m. Monday, June 27 to 6 p.m., Thursday, June 30.
- Various lanes of northbound WIS 57 will be closed during pavement repairs.
Oshkosh Bridge Closure (Oregon/Jackson CLOSED)
- The Oregon/Jackson Street Bridge in downtown Oshkosh is closed to vehicle traffic. The bridge is open for marine traffic. Bridge engineers are repairing worn gear teeth. Currently, manufacturing of the new components is underway. After delivery of parts, bridge engineers will replace the gear box.
- It will take an estimated eight-weeks for gear manufacturing and one-week to replace.
Motorists are urged to slow down and be mindful of workers near highways.
For information regarding Northeast Region state highway construction projects, please visit https://projects.511wi.gov/region/northeast/
For project updates, road closure information, and highway construction news in Northeast Wisconsin, please follow the Northeast Region Twitter account at https://twitter.com/WisDOTnortheast