News > Local News > Cooking Fires Reported In FDL

Cooking Fires Reported In FDL

Fire damaged a kitchen in a duplex at 1149 Primrose Lane in Fond du Lac Thursday morning. Fire Chief Peter O’Leary says smoke alarms awoke a woman living in the residence. Something was left on the stove or in the oven and it started a blaze that went up the wall and started a microwave and hood system above the stove on fire. He says there was quite a bit of damage in the kitchen and smoke damage throughout the home. O’Leary says they get too many unattended cooking fire calls that usually happen late at night or early in the morning. Firefighters got another fire call early Friday morning the result of burnt food. That was at 23 Fountain Circle about 2:30 in the morning, but this time there was no significant damage.


Fond du Lac Fire and Rescue photo of fire at 1149 Primrose Lane.