Dehumidifier Causes Basement Fire In FDL

Fond du Lac firefighters responded to a basement fire at 718 Mustang Lane Thursday morning around 8:30. Fire Chief Peter O’Leary says when they arrived they learned a resident of the home had put out a dehumidifier that was on fire using a dry extinguisher. Chief O’Leary says the dehumidifier was on a recall list because of the chance that it might overheat and cause a fire. He says over the past couple of years quite a few dehumidifiers have been recalled because of problems with overheating. No one was injured in the fire. The dehumidifier was a Soleus Air by Gree.  Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue photo. For information on the recall click here.