Early Morning Fire Extinguished In FDL

Where there’s smoke, there’s usually fire. But thanks to the quick work of the City of Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue, that fire didn’t travel far. 

An improperly discarded cigarette is believed to be the culprit of an  early Tuesday morning fire in the 100 block Chestnut St. City of Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue reported to the fire just before 5 a.m. Tuesday morning after smoke alarms alerted the family inside. 

Once on the scene, crews found a smoldering fire between outdoor material and the side of the house. No injuries reported, and no word on total damage amount.