Fire caused minor damage to a residence and garage at 799 Country Club Lane Wednesday night. Firefighters were dispatched for a report of a fire in the attic at that residence at 9:05 p.m. Fire Chief Peter O’Leary was on the scene first and managed to knock down the initial fire with a fire extinguisher. When firefighters arrived they continued extinguishing, salvage and overhaul. There were no injuries and the cause of the fire has yet to be determined. Firefighters will be canvassing the surrounding area passing out home fire safety information to all nearby residents. Photo courtesy Fond du Lac Fire Department.