FDL Man Sentenced to Prison in Sexual Assault Case
A 49-year-old man from Fond du Lac has been sentenced to
prison after being convicted of two counts of sexual assault by a jury earlier
this year. Richard A. Forsyth II was sentenced Tuesday to 13 years in prison
and another seven years of extended supervision for a total of a 20 year
sentence. A jury found Forsythe guilty in March of one count of Second Degree
Sexual Assault and one count of Fourth Degree Sexual Assault after Forsythe had
sexual contact with a female victim by a use of force in December of last year.
The jury found Forsythe “not guilty” of a charge of False Imprisonment. Forsythe had previously been convicted of a felony for failing to update information as a sex offender in 2016.
A criminal complaint says Forsythe had sexual contact with
the victim at his home in Fond du Lac last December, despite the victim’s
efforts to get him to stop. Forsythe told police he took the victim into his
bedroom because “she was tired”, and denied any physical contact with her.
District Attorney Eric Toney said in a statement “sexual
assaults are a very serious crime that has significant and long lasting impacts
on victims. The District Attorney’s Office has and will continue to fight for
justice for victims of sexual assault.” Toney also praised the investigation work
done by Fond du Lac Police and the work of the lead prosecutor, Assistant
District Attorney Kristin Menzl, in addition to the victim’s courage for coming
forward to report the crime.