News > Local News > FDL Mattress Fire

FDL Mattress Fire

Fond
du Lac
Fire/Rescue crews will be canvassing the local area today
to educate individuals on the importance of working smoke detectors and fire
safety. Those efforts coming on the heels of a morning fire call today. At 5:52
a.m., this morning, Fond du Lac
Fire/Rescue responded to a report of a mattress on fire at  227
South Marr Street
. Upon arrival fire crews entered
a two story, wood framed residence and extinguished the fire before it was able
to spread.

 

All residents were
able to evacuate the building, safely, despite no Smoke Detectors or alarms
sounding. The cause of the fire was determined to be careless use of smoking
materials. FDL Police provided traffic control and scene management.