FDL School District Announces Acuity Fund Grant Recipients
The Fond du Lac School District Board of Education recently reviewed and authorized the second annual Fond du Lac School District Acuity Fund grant recipients. The Fond du Lac School District Acuity Fund supports new and innovative programs and projects proposed by staff members for their students. The District Acuity Fund became possible via interest earned on funds paid to the District by Acuity for naming rights of the Fond du Lac High School Fieldhouse. For the current school year, a total of $25,997.80 was available; $24,153.00 via the fund which is held for the District by the Fond du Lac Area Foundation and $1,844.80 which was donated by Board member Linda Uselmann.
The following Technology proposals were funded:
● SmartBoard – Erica Elford at Fond du Lac High School – $3,931.06
● Document Cameras for Language Arts Teachers – Tiffany Gurholt, Brianne Barthuly, Megan Tonn, Jenny Seiler, Carla Bryant, and Heather Branson at Woodworth Middle School – $3,613.00
● Project Public Speaking – Heather Meier at Rosenow Elementary School – $1,148.00
● One Click to Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic – Dawn Sadlowsky-Slager at Parkside Elementary School – $4,556.95
● Intro to Computer Science with Sphero – Ed Schreiber in Instructional Services Center – $1,199.99
● I-Band – Chris Barnes at Fond du Lac High School – $1,844.80
The following Non-Technology proposals were funded:
● Cribbage Club – James Adamson at Roberts Elementary School – $150.00
● Origami Club – James Adamson at Roberts Elementary School – $250.00
● Riverside Rocket Readers – Lisa Braithwaite at Riverside Elementary School – $3,224.00
● Cardinal “100” – Gail Cameron at Riverside Elementary School – $3,500.00
● Cycle to Calmness – Gina Marchionda-Schneider and Lori Sass at Lakeshore Elementary School – $2,580.00
The Board of Education is excited to be able to provide funding to these innovative educators outside the District’s regular operating budget. Further information regarding the Fond du Lac School District Acuity Fund is available through Shawn Bauer, Secretary to the Superintendent of Schools, at (920) 906-6502.