Fire At Rosenow Elementary School
Fond du Lac firefighters put out a fire in the boiler room at Rosenow Elementary School Thursday morning. Division Chief Troy Haase says a couple of workers for a private contractor were using two acetylene torches to cut up a boiler in the boiler room. He says one set of hoses ruptured and a spark caused a fire that got fueled by the acetylene. The workers tried to use an extinguisher to put out the fire, but that didn’t work. Haase says the fire was contained to the boiler room. He says there was some smoke damage and damage to wiring and conduit. There was also water damage to two hall ways with some water getting into the cafeteria. He says luckily there was some remodeling going on so the water could be cleaned up quickly. The two men working in the boiler room were exposed to heat and smoke, but paramedics checked them out at the scene. The time of the fire call was 10:49 a.m.
Fond du Lac firefighters put out a fire in the boiler room at Rosenow Elementary School this morning. Division Chief Troy Haase says a couple of workers were using acetylene torch in the boiler room that started the fire. He says the line for the torch got broke or cut and started a fire. He says paramedics treated two people at the scene, but they did not have to be transported to the hospital. He says they also made sure there wasn’t anyone else in the building and that the fire did not spread. The time of the fire call was shortly before 11 a.m.