Fire Damages Business in the Town of Friendship
No one was injured in a fire that damaged a business on Van Dyne Road in the Town of Friendship Tuesday afternoon. Several fire departments were called to Marghaels Bar and Banquet Hall at N7688 Van Dyne Road just before 2pm. Authorities say the fire appears to be caused by an electrical problem between the second story floor joists. The Bar and Banquet hall received moderate damage because of the fire, including smoke and water damage. The apartment also sustained smoke and water damage. The residents of the apartment were home at the time of the fire and called it in to authorities as they tried to put it out They were unsuccessful and were able to evacuate the building safely. (Town of Fond du Lac Fire Department photos)
Assisting the Fond du Lac County Sheriff’s Department and Van Dyne Fire Department at the scene were: Van Dyne First Responders, The North Fond du Lac Fire Department and North Fond du Lac Ambulance, The City of Fond du Lac Fire Department and City of Fond du Lac Ambulance The Town of Fond du Lac Fire Department, Eldorado Fire Department, Eldorado First Responders, Rosendale Fire Department, Ripon Fire Department, Lamartine Fire Department, Oakfield Fire Department, Eden Fire Department, RIT Team 1, Alliant Energy and Dispatchers at the Fond du Lac County Communications Center, who assisted in notifying all the responding units.