News > Local News > Fire Damages Garage in FDL

Fire Damages Garage in FDL

Photo Courtesy FDL Fire and Rescue


A garage sustained extensive damage in a fire that happened
Monday evening in the City of Fond du Lac. Fond du Lac Fire and Rescue
responded to a home in the 200 block of Chestnut Street at 5:15 pm for the fire
in a detached garage on the property. The fire was quickly brought under
control and was determined to be accidental in nature. Authorities say a charcoal
grill was placed back into the garage before it had cooled down completely. The
grill was inadvertently placed near some combustible materials which started on
fire. No one was injured in the fire.