Fire Damages Home on Rees Street

(FDL Fire and Rescue Photo)

Fond du Lac Fire and Rescue says the careless use of smoking
materials is to blame for a house fire on Rees Street early this (Sunday)
morning. Firefighters responded to the home around 2:18 Sunday morning where
they found smoke and fire showing from a second floor window. The fire was
quickly extinguished with the heaviest damage contained to a bedroom on the
second floor. All residents were able to evacuate safely, and two family pets
were also rescued. Two people were treated on scene for smoke inhalation and
released. The fire department says there were no working smoke detectors in the
home. Fond du Lac Police and Alliant Energy assisted at the scene.