Fire Damages The Other Place
An exotic dancing nightclub in Fond du Lac is closed following a fire Wednesday morning. Firefighters got the call to the Other Place at 208 North Main Street about 7:30. Division Chief Troy Haase says the fire started low near a rear door. He says it began on the outside back corner by the rear door and traveled up through the back side of the building. He says the back corner is damaged and the roof. Haase estimates damage at $30,000 to the outside of the building and $5,000 on the inside. He says the building will have to be shut down for repairs. The cause is still being determined, but the preliminary cause is careless use of smoking materials. He says the fire smoldered and burned quite a while before it was discovered. No one was inside the nightclub during the fire. Fire Chief Peter O’Leary Facebook video.
Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue photo.