Fire Damages Waupun Apartment Unit

Fire damaged a unit in a Waupun apartment complex Saturday night. It happened at 913 Fraser Lane just before 6 p.m. The two tenants and three pets living in the unit were able to get out safely.Waupun Fire Chief B.J. DeMaa says the building’s sprinkler system put the fire out. Fire damaged a stove, microwave and nearby kitchen cabinet in the unit on the lower level of the apartment building. Three of the 15 apartment units sustained moderate water damage. The Red Cross is assisting the two tenants who were living in the fire damaged unit. DeMaa say all the other tenants were able to return to their units for the evening.