Fire Destroys Milk House In Oakfield

An early Thursday morning fire resulted in the total loss of a milk house. FDL County Sheriff’s Deputies were called out to County Rd. D in the Town of Oakfield just before 3:45 a.m. Thursday morning, for a report of a structure fire. 

The owner of the property, Stuart Joas, reported his 15×30 milk house, that was attached to a barn, was engulfed in flames. Fire crews were able to extinguish the blaze before it could spread to the barn, but the milk house was completely destroyed. There were no injuries reported, and no loss or injuries to livestock on the property. 

The fire is believed to have started by an outdoor wood-burning stove, and does not appear to be suspicious in nature. Assisting on the scene were Oakfield Fire Department and First Responders, Lamartine Fire Department, Town of Fond du Lac Fire Department and Lifestar EMS.