Fire Destroys Shed in Town of Lamartine

A shed and its contents are considered a total loss after a
fire in the Town of Lamartine Sunday morning. Fire departments from Lamartine, Eldorado,
Rosendale, Brandon-Fairwater and the City and Town of Fond du Lac were called
to the scene on County OOO around 11:30 am. Officials say the fire started when
gas spilled from a snowmobile that was parked inside the shed and was then
ignited by a space heater. The property owner’s son suffered smoke inhalation
and was treated at the scene by North Fond du Lac Paramedics and released. The
Fond du Lac County Sheriff’s Office, City of Fond du Lac Police and the County
Highway Department also assisted at the scene.