Fire In FDL Home Last Week Could Not Be Prevented

Sometimes there is nothing you can do to prevent a fire in your home. Fond du Lac Fire Division Chief Troy Haase says that was the case in a fire at 392 Ledgeview Avenue last week. A hair dryer was plugged into a wall socket, which caused a fuse to pop. The fire actually started in an electrical junction box in a closet. Haase says firefighters had to do some damage to get to the fire in the walls. The fire caused no damage to the upstairs and did not extend up into the attic. The family was able to get out of the home safely. No injuries were reported. Haase notes there was an electrical fire in a home next door to that house on Ledgeview Avenue last spring. (Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue photo)