Fire on North Lincoln Street Causes Damage to Detached Garage

A fire in a detached garage in Fond du Lac on Monday
evening may have been accidentally started. Fond du Lac Fire and Rescue were
called to the scene on north Lincoln Avenue just after 5:15 pm for the report
of the fire. Fond du Lac Fire Division Chief Troy Haase says its unknown what
the actual cause of the fire was, but they aren’t ruling out it being started
by a cigarette or cigar. Haase says the home on the property is vacant, and a
homeless person was living in or near the garage in a nearby shed for the last
few years. The homeless person was found safe nearby when the fire was
discovered. “It’s a sad thing because that’s everything he has – he has hardly anything
anyways – and everything he had was in that little shed, and now its gone,”
Haase said.