Firefighters Respond to Grease Fire at Waupun Restaurant

Firefighters responded to a grease fire at a Waupun
restaurant early Thursday morning. Just after 4:00am, the Waupun Fire
Department responded to Helen’s Kitchen, where they found a small fire burning
in the kitchen. 

Crews were able to knock out the fire with a fire extinguisher,
but not before the fire caused some damage in the kitchen. They were on scene
for about an hour working to ventilate the building. 

None of the three employees
working at the time were injured, and no firefighters were hurt. The restaurant
will be closed for a period of time while cleanup takes place.