Fireworks May Have Caused NY Eve Garage Fire

An attached garage went up in flames Thursday night, and fireworks might be the culprit. The Fond du Lac County Sheriff’s Department was called out at 11:42 p.m. Thursday to W4612 Sterling Ct., in the Town of Ashford, where a homeowner reported their garage was on fire. Deputies arrived to find the garage full engulfed in flames. The occupants of the home were able to get out safely, along with their pets, but the garage and its contents, including vehicles, were a total loss. Initial investigation indicated fireworks may have contributed to the fire, but the incident remains under investigation. Responding to the scene were Lomira Fire Department, Campbellsport Ambulance and as well as fire departments from Campbellsport, City of Fond du Lac, Eden, Oakfield and Town of Fond du Lac.