Garage Destroyed In Washington County Fire

Firefighters in Washington County responded to a garage fire on County Trunk Q in the Town of Erin early Tuesday morning. A passing motorist reported the fire and also notified the property owners who were home. No one was injured. The garage was detached from the home. The blaze destroyed the garage doing about $70,000 in damage. There was minor damage to the home. Sheriff’s officials say it appears the fire started near a wood stove in the garage. The fire was reported at 2:15 a.m.