Garden Walk And Art Fair Set For July 10
This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Agnesian HealthCare Foundation’s Garden Walk & Art Fair. During that time, area gardens have been graciously opened to the public to support various programs and services at St. Agnes Hospital.
This year’s Garden Walk & Art Fair – scheduled for Sunday, July 10 – will support the Treffert Center, offering diagnosis and treatment of autism, behavior and communication disorders.
Area garden enthusiasts are invited to attend and bring a friend! The 2016 Garden Walk & Art Fair is set from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., rain or shine. Stuart’s Landscaping & Garden Center is serving as outstanding contributor, while Gallery & Frame Shop and Silica for Your Home are serving as supporters.
Six beautiful gardens will be featured this year. Guests are also invited to an exciting Art Fair with unique items from talented area artists at the Agnesian HealthCare Gardens, 430 E. Division Street, Fond du Lac.
“We hope that friends, families and others will come together to spend a wonderful Sunday afternoon visiting an outstanding selection of some of Fond du Lac’s most beautiful gardens,” says Holly Brenner, Agnesian HealthCare Foundation president. “Individuals can stroll through to view unique and creative displays in landscaping, plants, flowers and water features. And, our garden hosts will be present to answer any questions.”
Tickets are available online at agnesian.com/gardenwalk for $15 or at Agnesian HealthCare Information Desks, Agnesian HealthCare Foundation, and Stuart’s Landscaping & Garden Center. For more information, call (920) 926-4959.
This year’s garden properties are located at:
- Don & Mary Schneider, N8025 Church Road, Malone: The Schneiders have always had a vegetable garden, but are finding more time to focus on flower beds now that their children are grown. Their yard is almost two acres filled with 12 colorful and unique flower beds. The couple strives each year to find and learn about a few new plants to add to their array.
- Joe and Katie Ramirez, W5185 Kennedy Drive, Fond du Lac: Winding paths take you through this perennial garden filled with hostas, daylilies, hydrangeas and a gazebo. The flowering crab trees frame this park-like garden set against Luco Creek. This bird friendly yard, 15 years in the making, is complete with a fish pond and relaxing waterfall.
- Rick & Jayne Immel, W3179 4th Street Road, Fond du Lac: The Immels have been working on their gardens for 35 years. Handmade items are scattered throughout. A favorite spot features a mosquito made by a good friend. A gazebo made out of a corn crib has hosted one wedding, and scenic country rolling hills provide the perfect background for campfires with family and friends.
- Aaron & Jenni Habeck, N5504 Deneveu Lane, Fond du Lac: This one-acre city lot features traditional landscaping with organic fruit trees, as well as multiple vegetable growing methods – raised beds, straw bales and traditional gardening. Visitors will enjoy mixed perennial flower gardens including over 75 roses, and unique plants, such as tobacco, quinoa and dwarf tomatoes.
- Cathy Draeger, 365 Maona Avenue, Fond du Lac: As guests enter Cathy’s backyard, they follow a path of circular paving stones leading to a beautiful gazebo. Follow the path further to enter the garden through a trumpet vine-entangled arbor. Beyond the arbor is a flowing water fountain. Two other fountains are located elsewhere in the garden. The garden and yard display approximately one hundred different flowers – among them 16 rose bushes.
- Agnesian HealthCare Gardens Art Fair Location, 430 E. Division Street, Fond du Lac: Agnesian HealthCare’s Gardens – at the Division Street campus – offer a peaceful and tranquil setting to meditate and heal. By bringing the beauty of nature into the hospital grounds, the gardens incorporate a holistic approach to healing the mind, body and soul. The gardens were honored with a 2015 beautification award by the Fond du Lac County Natural Beauty Council.
For more information, call the Agnesian HealthCare Foundation at (920) 926-4959.
Photo caption: Garden enthusiasts will enjoy the six beautiful gardens that are part of this year’s Garden Walk & Art Fair, sponsored by the Agnesian HealthCare Foundation. The 2016 Garden Walk & Art Fair is set from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, July 10, rain or shine.