News > Local News > Home Destroyed by Fire in the Town of Ashford

Home Destroyed by Fire in the Town of Ashford

A home in the Town of Ashford is a total loss after a fire
Sunday morning. The Fond du Lac County Sheriff’s Office responded to the home
at W2949 Woodland Drive at 8:50 Sunday morning. The fire is believed to have
started in the chimney and spread to the interior walls. All residents of the
home, along with their pets were able to escape safely. The owner of the home,
John Bischoff, was taken to St. Agnes Hospital in Fond du Lac for treatment of
smoke inhalation.  The Campbellsport Fire
Department was assisted at the scene by numerous area fire departments, the
Campbellsport Ambulance, the Fond du Lac County Highway Department and WE Energies.
The Red Cross is assisting the family.