Home Destroyed by Fire in the Town of Osceola
A home in the Town of Osceola is a total loss after a fire
Sunday morning The Fond du Lac County Sheriff’s Office along with several area
fire departments responded to the scene on Birchwood Drive around 10:30 AM. According
to a news release, the fire is believed to have started as a result of a faulty
extension cord in a room near the garage. The fire then quickly spread to the rest
of the home. Two vehicles in the garage were also destroyed in the fire. Everyone
inside the home got out safely and no injuries were reported as a result of the
fire. The release says one family member was taken by ambulance to St. Agnes
Hospital for injuries that were not caused by the fire. The family is currently
being assisted by the Red Cross.
Assisting at the scene were fire departments from
Campbellsport, Eden, Brownsville, St. Cloud, Mount Calvary, the City of Fond du
Lac, North Fond du Lac, Lomira, Cascade, Kewaskum and Beechwood.