Home On North Park Damaged By Fire

Sparking wires caused a fire damaging the outside of a home at 203 North Park Avenue in Fond du Lac Sunday afternoon. A neighbor told police he heard loud popping and saw a power line sparking. Fire Lieutenant Jason Roberts says sparks from the power line set a large brush pile near the side of the house on fire. A police officer used an extinguisher to knock the fire down before firefighters arrived. The blaze caused damage to the siding of the house. The time of the fire call was 3:19 p.m.  Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue photo.