News > Local News > House Fire In Washington County

House Fire In Washington County

A wood burning stove is the likely cause of a fire that
caused $300,000 in damage to a Town of Wayne home late Saturday morning.
Washington County Sheriff’s officials say the homeowner called authorities to
say there was a fire in the basement and it was spreading from the area of the
wall near the wood
burning stove to
other areas of the basement. She and her dog were able to safely escape the
home. Eight fire departments battled the blaze and had to partially tear down
the ranch style home to put the fire out. No one was injured and the fire that was reported at
11:23 a.m.