House Fire On North Lincoln Avenue

There were some scary moments for a Fond du Lac woman who was trapped on the second floor of a burning home this morning. Division Chief of Fire Prevention Troy Haase says when they got to the home at 16 North Lincoln Avenue there was fire coming out of two windows in the front corner of the home . The woman was trapped on the second floor so the engine company raised a ladder up to the window she was in and helped her get back safely to the ground. He says the other tenant, a man, inadvertently helped create conditions which led to the woman being trapped on the second floor. Haase says in exploring the fire smell the man went down the steps and opened the front door causing more smoke and fire to occur. Then the woman was not able to get down the steps through the smoke. Both were checked out by paramedics at the scene. The fire was contained to a first floor living room, but there was smoke damage throughout the home. Haase says the cause of the blaze is still being determined. Preliminary damage estimates were put at about $35,000. Smoke alarms were not working at the time of the fire. The time of the fire call was 2:15 a.m. 

Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue photo.