House Fire Reported In Washington County

Fire caused more than $100,000 worth of damage to a home on Broadview Lane in Washington County’s Town of Wayne Thursday morning. Sheriff’s officials say the homeowner reported putting out a toaster fire in the kitchen, but believed the fire got into the wall. When firefighters arrived smoke was coming from the soffit on the north side of the residence and out of the garage door on the south side of the residence. There also were active flames located in the kitchen. The damage from the fire was confined to the kitchen area, but there was smoke and water damage as well. No injuries were reported.