News > Local News > Kitchen Grease Fire In FDL

Kitchen Grease Fire In FDL

A Fond du Lac man was injured while trying to put out a kitchen grease fire at 189 E. 2nd Street shortly before 6 p.m. last night. Fire Chief Peter O’Leary says the man was taken to St. Agnes Hospital for treatment on non-life threatening injuries. Residents of the home were outside when firefighters arrived. Firefighters confirmed the fire was out. It was contained to a stove. There was moderate smoke damage.  Chief O’Leary says, “We urge all residents to comply with Wisconsin law, which requires smoke alarms in residential buildings.” He says if they encounter a home without working smoke alarms they will install new ones free of charge. Police assisted with traffic management at the scene. Fond du Lac Fire Department photo.